Welcome to St John Village Hall
Our Village Hall was built in 1926, and provides a focus for the village community, as well as many friends who come to our functions from neighbouring parishes.
Located in the beautiful conservation area of St John, in 2021 the Village Hall benefitted from a substantial grant from the National Lottery Community Fund which enabled a significant enhancement to this beautiful contemporary building, originally built in 1926. Retaining the original features of the lovely 110m2 pine clad main hall with stage, a new 40m2 Annexe looks south out over our field to the hills in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which make this a venue full of character yet boasting the latest in modern facilities providing a focus for the village community, as well as many friends from neighbouring parishes.
What happens in our Hall?
• Wednesday coffee mornings from 10.30 am where home produce can be bought; second-hand books borrowed and plenty of friendly chat is on hand
• Boules organised as regular open-to-all event on our dedicated court, weather permitting
• A regular Singing Group, everyone is welcome especially those that cannot sing!
• A social evening on most Fridays known as the “Dreckly Club”
• Darts Club
• Indoor Short-Mat Bowls. The hall is equipped with two bowls mats, and the club would welcome new members
• Snooker room with a first class snooker table and associated features, popular with all
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
The Hall has new full central heating and catering facilities making it the ideal, and well used, venue for dances, parties, concerts, wedding receptions, christening parties etc. The Hall can accommodate 100 people. Amongst the many facilities on offer:
Main Hall with full performance stage
40m2 Annexe (Garden Room)
Recreation field ideal for Marquees etc
Modern fitted Kitchen with dishwasher and serving hatch
New toilets with Disabled and baby changing room
Public Address System
Coloured LED Lighting
Smoke & Fire Alarms
2 Ovens, Microwave & Fridge
To see our weekly programme of events click here,
Administration of the Trust
Trustees of the St John Village Trust
Bob Keys (Chair), Chris Morris (Vice Chair), Charmaine Ferguson (Treasurer), Emma Tanner (Secretary), Ray Waldock, Sue Huke, Christian Ferris, Derek Richards and Richard Dolton.
Sue Huke (Fundraising Co-ordinator)